Thursday, December 30, 2010

Back off SEC: Let?s Put the ?Risk? of Secondary Markets in Perspective

Back in early 2009, I was concerned about the development of private stock secondary market exchanges. I was concerned that it would affect retention of top executives if people were able to cash out before an IPO too easily.�I worried companies wouldn't be careful enough about who they would allow to own chunks of them. I thought it would be just a�band-aid for a larger industry problem of companies not wanting to go public early and often. And in the wake of the financial meltdown,�I was concerned about people getting burned who were buying the shares on a loosely regulated market. We've seen shades of all of these, but mostly my fears were allayed once we saw these markets in practice. Why? Because it was clear these aren't shadow public markets.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/UBaBkxCTXec/

TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS TRANSACTION SYSTEMS ARCHITECTS TOTAL SYSTEM SERVICES

No comments:

Post a Comment