Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So A Blogger Walks Into A Bar?

Yesterday I was tipped off about a "secret meeting" between a group of "Super Angels" being held at Bin 38, a restaurant and bar in San Francisco. "Do not come, you will not be welcome," I was told.

So I did what any self respecting blogger would do - I drove over to Bin 38, parked my car and walked in.

in the back of the restaurant in a private room was a long oval table. Sitting around the table, Godfather style, were ten or so of the highest profile angel investors in Silicon Valley. These investors, known as "super angels" because they have mostly moved on to launch small venture funds of their own, are all friends of mine. I knew each person in the room very, very well.

I certainly didn't think anything was amiss and I expected a friendly hello and an invitation to sit down for a drink or two before being shooed off while they talked about whatever they thought should be kept off record. But instead it went something like this:

TECHNITROL TAKETWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE SYNTEL

No comments:

Post a Comment